Before You Start Your Shopify Site
If you're looking to build your own Shopify site, you get a two week free trial with Shopify, so it's good to have your ducks in a row before you sign up for your free trial. Hot tip: if you think you need longer than two weeks, please get in touch, I can get an unlimited free trial via my partner account.
You need your logo file (png file types are best) and images for your header banner on the home page as well as any other pages or product collections.
You will need an idea of what pages you will have on your site, and a draft of the content for each of those pages. Here are some ideas;
- About page
- Dispatch and delivery page (dispatch times, costs etc)
- Specific terms and conditions that aren't covered in the generic option
If you are wanting to launch your site with some blog posts you will need to have the content and imagery ready for each of those blogs. This isn't an essential part of the launch plan, just something to consider.
All of the information about your products;
- Product names
- Descriptions and product details
- Product images
- Product prices (cost price and selling price)
- An idea about how you want the products sorted on your site (by collection and then within the collection)
Product images need to be optimised for website use (800px by 800px is a good size) and all a uniform size. Square is a nice easy option, but other wise all landscape or all portrait to the same dimensions.
You will also need;
- Your domain details including your login with your domain provider
- The dispatch address for all orders
- The business details (company name, NZBN or ABN, bank details etc)
If you have any questions about getting started with your Shopify site please get in touch and I will try my best to help you out!